Designed to be the ultimate popper, the Chug Norris represents maximum action for minimum effort when popping offshore or inshore, combined with a shape that allows an amazing walk the dog action when worked slow across the surface. We believe it captures all the best attributes of a popper. Years of experience have gone into designing the ideal shape that not only excites fish but is super easy to work.
The ultra-deep cup face design is round at the bottom and square at the top. The curved body contours may not be noticed at first, but these subtle attributes are what helps make this lure unique. The cup shape was tested extensively to get the perfect balance between grip in the water, noise and bubbles, rough water performance and minimal angler effort.
The Chug Norris makes that awesome thumping ‘pop’ as the cup catches the water’s surface and it sticks to the water’s surface, reducing the dreaded popper tumble. When subsurface the Chug Norris displays an awesome swimming action that just makes fish go wild with a huge bubble trail and body wiggle. Aerodynamics mean it casts like a bullet as well.
The small and medium sized Chug Norris poppers also have the ability to be twitched and produce a walk the dog style popper action, unlike any other popper, and this unique action often catches fish when no other surface presentation will entice a bite.
Available in 5 sizes from the micro 50mm / 2” all the way to and mega 180mm / 7”. All sizes offer exceptional action whether worked fast or slow, from a big aggressive pop or a subtle splash. The larger models are built with a stainless-steel metal plate and the largest size filled with foam for the ultimate in strength and durability. This lure might even be tougher than the bloke it was named after. Smaller models feature Gorilla through wire. If you fish poppers, you need the Chug Norris!
- HD ABS System, an extra strong white plastic for overall strength and durability.
- HD Foam System, foam filled body for extra strength. (180 models)
- Diamond Armour internal mesh system, internal strengthening design. (150 & 180 models)
- Gorilla Through Wire, welded and supported for extra strength. (95 & 120 models)
- Metal Matrix Plate, stainless steel plate system. (150 & 180 models)
- Triple Shield Protection, a painting process for long lasting colour.
- Heavy Duty BKK hooks and terminals.